Sompo's Personal Accident plan gives you worldwide 24-hour protection from unexpected occurrences at these affordable premiums.
Auto Renewal via GIRO payment of annual premiums is available!
Click to download Interbank GIRO Application Form.
Instalment Payment Plan 6 or 12 months 0% Interest fee Instalment Payment Plan is available!
Simply complete and sign Credit Card Instalment Payment Plan Application Form and submit to our office with your application form.
Click to download Credit Card Instalment Payment Plan Application Form.
Annual Premium / Rates (inclusive of GST)
|A. Accidental Death (AD)
|B. Permanent Disablement (PD)
| - Scale 1 Benefit
| - Scale 2 Benefit
|C. Weekly Income Benefits due to
| - Temporary Total Disablement (TTD) per week up to 104 weeks
||- per $100
| - Temporary Partial Disablement (TPD) per week up to 104 weeks
||- 50% of the above
|D. Medical Expenses
| (Limit any 1 accident)
- The rates for Accidental Death (AD) benefits indicated above are valid for up to the Sum Insured as indicated below. Please refer to our office for quotation if you need higher coverage.
|Retiree / Housewife / Full-time student above 21 years old
|Persons age 16 to 21 years old
- Sum Insured for Permanent Disablement should not exceed that of Accidental Death
- TTD and TPD are only available for persons who are gainfully employed. Maximum sum insured for TTD is $2,000 per week or up to 80% of the insured person's basic weekly salary or 1% of AD or PD benefit, whichever is lesser.
- Maximum sum insured for Medical Expenses is $10,000 or 5% of AD or PD, whichever is lesser.
- For policies issued under corporate / company name to cover a group of individuals or family units, the compensation payable in respect of death or disablement of the insured Persons travelling in the same conveyance at the same time shall be further subjected to a conveyance limit.
- Minimum Premium per policy is $53.50 (inclusive of GST)
Classification of Occupation
Persons engaged in indoor & nonmanual
work in non-hazardous
Persons engaged in work of an
outdoor or supervisory nature or
involve occasional manual work
whose duties do not involve the
use of tools or machinery or
exposure to any special hazard
Persons engaged in manual work
not of particularly hazardous
nature but involving the use of
tools or machinery
|Examples - CLASS 1
||Examples - CLASS 2
||Examples - CLASS 3
- Barber / Hairdresser
- Dentist / Doctor / Surgeon (Non-veterinary)
- Indoor sales / Marketing (More than 50% in office)
- Software Engineer
- Management (Director, Manager, etc) with overseas travel less than 12 times a year
- MINDEF Administrative Staff (No field training)
- Retiree (More than 62 years old)
- Full-Time Students (More than 16 years old)
- Decorator (Managing)
- Engineer (Excluding Software Engineer)
- Foreman (Non-Construction)
- Outdoor Sales / Marketing
- Insurance Agent / Property Agent
- Assembly Line Production Worker
(Not using tools & machinery)
- Unarmed Security Guard
- Laboratory Assistant (In schools
- Management (Director, Manager,
etc) with overseas travel 12 or
more times a year
- Fitness / Gym Instructor
- Baker / Chef
- Carpenter (Not using woodworking machinery)
- Hawker / Market Stallholder
- Motor Repairer
- Painter (Not involving work
- Veterinary Surgeon
REFERRED OCCUPATIONS FOR COVER DURING OFF-DUTY HOURS
(Please refer to our office for approval)
Commercial air crew and pilot, military personnel (excluding MINDEF administrative staff)
Industrial workers using heavy machinery / woodworking tools and machineries: any occupation involving
aviation activities; police force personnel, fire fighters; construction / unskilled workers; ship crew or workers on board vessels,
stevedores, shipbreakers; occupations involving diving, platforms, oil and gas rig worker; offshore workers; work involving heights
(exceeding 30 feet above ground or floor level) and / or works underground and travel beyond normal speed on land / or handling of
hazardous chemical / electricity; professional sports teams; professional divers and jockeys; welders and the like, Crane operators.
Who can enroll in the policy?
Singaporeans, Permanent Residents or Foreigners with valid employment pass, work permit, dependent pass, student pass and long-term social visit pass between the age of 16 to 70 years old*, and domiciled in Singapore can apply. However, if you need to leave home for temporary residence oversea ranging from a few months to a few years, please contact our office for separate quotation.
*Age Next birthday
What are the exclusions?
Some of the major exclusions under this policy include:
- War, self destruction
- Non prescribed use of drugs
- AIDS , vulnerable disease.
- Professional sports, underwater and other hazardous activities.
- Private Aviation
- Full Time Military Duty
Do I need to go for any medical examination?
No. You will be accepted based on your health declarations on the attached Application Form.
Are all Personal Accident plans the same?
Most likely not. You will need to look out for differences in Definitions, Extensions, Table of Benefits for Permanent Disablement and Exclusions. For example, our ‘Accident’ definition is wider than many other policies as it does not require the accident to be violent, visible or external.
What is this Free Look Benefit? Will I be entitled to premium refund if I need to cancel the policy?
Enjoy 14 days ‘Free Look’** from the day you receive your insurance policy. If the policy is not suitable
for you, you can arrange to cancel your policy within this period and receive a full refund on the payment made, no questions asked! Beyond the ‘Free Look’ period, we will refund you the balance premium after deducting our customary short-term premium or minimum premium provided no claim has been made under the policy.
** This is not applicable to renewals
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please visit www.sompo.com.sg/FAQ or the GIA / LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)