- Quarantined Allowance due to 16 Infectious Diseases including Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease (HFMD) and Dengue Fever ENHANCEMENT
- School Sports & Competition BONUS COVERAGE
- Child Care & School Fee Subsidy up to $500 per accident BONUS COVERAGE
- Daily Hospital Allowances Up to 200 days. (Accident & Infectious Diseases)
- Free Extension coverage includes accidental Food Poisoning and Insect/Animal Bites.
For full coverage info: PA Junior Brochure
Who can apply for PAJunior?
Parents who are Singaporean, Singapore Permanent Resident or Foreigner with valid employment pass or work permit can apply as Policyholder. Eligible Child must be at least one month old to below 21 years old* who is dependent, unmarried and unemployed natural child, legal step-child and legally adopted child of the Policyholder. For those in full-time tertiary institutes, the age limit will be extended to 25 years old*. Both Policyholder and Child have to be residing in Singapore.
*Age next birthday
What is not covered by PAJunior?
All insurance policies have exclusions. The main exclusions under this policy are war, self-destruction, non-prescribed use of drugs, intoxication, insanity, venereal disease, AIDS, pre-existing illness, professional sports, underwater or other hazardous activities, full-time military service, mountaineering or rock climbing. Cover for infectious disease is subjected to a Pandemic Alert Exclusion.
What are the 16 Specified Infectious Diseases covered under PAJunior?
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Dengue Fever / Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD) or ‘ Mad Cow Disease’
- Avian Influenza or ‘Bird Flu’ due to Influenza A viral strains H1N1, H5N1, H9N2, H7N7 or H7N9
- Nipah Virus Encephalitis
- Japanese Viral Encephalitis
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease (HFMD)
- Chikungunya Fever
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
Is there a waiting period for Infectious Disease Cover?
Yes. There is a 14 days waiting period applicable from the first inception of cover
How many PAJunior can I buy for my child?
You can apply for one PAJunior policy for each child
Does the Child need to go for any medical examination?
No. The Child will be accepted on the health declaration made by the Policyholder or the Child on the application form
Can we enjoy any Free Look Period?
Yes, you can enjoy 14 days Free Look from the day you receive your insurance policy. If the policy is not suitable for you, you can arrange to cancel your policy within this period and receive a full refund on the payment made, no questions asked! Beyond the ‘Free Look’ period, we will refund you the balance premium after deducting our customary short-term premium or minimum premium provided no claims has been made under the policy. (Not applicable to renewals)
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please visit www.sompo.com.sg/FAQ or the GIA / LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)