Criteria To Be An Agent
To qualify for registration as an Agent or Nominee Agent, you must be registered with the General Insurance Association
of Singapore (GIA) and satisfy the following requirements:
- You must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a Singapore citizen/PR or a foreigner with a valid Work Permit; and
- possess at least 3 GCE "O" Level credit passes.
- An applicant which is a company registered with the Registry of Companies must have a minimum paid-up capital of
S$25,000 at the time of its application and throughout the currency of its registration.
- You must possess these professional qualifications:
- Certificate of General Insurance (CGI), which comprises:
- Basic Insurance Concept & Principles (BCP)
- Personal General Insurance (PGI)
- Commercial General Insurance (ComGi)
- Or other acceptable qualifications in lieu of CGI.
- Health Insurance (HI).