MaidEase covers these benefits:
- Worldwide Personal Accident whereby up to S$50,000 is paid for accidental death or permanent disablement
- Hospital and Surgical Expenses (including treatment) from Public and Private Hospitals in Singapore as well as Hospitals outside Singapore
- Waiver of Counter Indemnity which limits your liability to S$250 (instead of S$5,000), so long as you are not the cause of the breach of the S$5,000 Security Bond
- Domestic Helper Liability which covers your domestic helper’s unforeseen negligence resulting in accidental bodily injury or accidental property damage. This policy covers your legal liability to compensate the third party
- Repatriation Expenses are covered for reasonable expenses incurred should you need to send your domestic helper to her home country upon accidental bodily injury, sickness or disease of whatsoever nature
|Insurance Premium (Inclusive 7% GST)
|Insurance Benefits Only
|Insurance + Letter of Guarantee
|Insurance + Letter of Guarantee+Waiver of Counter Indemnity
Our premium rating is computed for 24 months period in line with Work Permit Period. We do not charge any premium for the additional 2 months buffer period required by MOM for the current work permit. As such, these additional 2 months cannot be transferred to the next Work Permit renewal period or extension period.
Performance bond Premium *Propose to have*
|Premium (Inclusive 7% GST)
|$2,000 Performance bond to Philippines Embassy
(applicable when applying through an accredited maid agency)
|$7,000 Performance bond to Philippines Embassy
(applicable for direct hiring)
*Not applicable on a Standalone basis
Cover is intended for employers in Singapore who are:
- Singaporean, or
- Singapore Permanent Residents or
- Foreigners on Employment Pass or holding passes with at least 12 months validity remaining from the proposed inception date of the application
How do I apply for MaidEase?
Simply email us the MaidEase Application Form and the required documents to [email protected]
- A copy of Applicant’s NRIC for Singapore Citizen/PR; employment pass or work permit for foreigner.
- A copy of In-Principal Approval Letter or Renewal Notice from the Ministry of Manpower.
- Photocopy of Maid’s Passport.
- A copy of the Witness’ NRIC.
When will Sompo transmit the Guarantee Bond to MOM?
We will transmit the details to MOM upon successful issuance of your MaidEase Insurance Policy. Sompo will transmit the Guarantee Bond information to MOM electronically from Monday to Friday at 5pm. Upon successful transmission, you may then proceed to the MOM website to renew/issue your maid’s work permit.
How do I cancel my MaidEase Insurance Policy?
You will need to cancel your maid’s work permit on the MOM website. Upon receipt of the Discharge Letter from MOM, you may email us at [email protected] to cancel your MaidEase Insurance Policy.
Do I get a premium refund for the cancellation of Policy?
A short period refund will be payable for the Policy Cancellation within 365 days from the inception date of the policy. The scale of the refund is shown below.
|Cancellation within No. of Days
||Scale of Refund
||80% of Policy Premium
|61 to 90 days
||60% of Policy Premium
|91 to 120 days
||40% of Policy Premium
|121 to 180 days
||30% of Policy Premium
|181 to 365 days
||20% of Policy Premium
|After 365 days
No refund shall be given where a claim has been lodged under the policy.
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please visit www.sompo.com.sg/FAQ
or the GIA / LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg