Fidelity Guarantee insurance will indemnify the Insured against the loss of money or other property belonging to the Insured or for which the Insured is legally responsible as the direct result of any act of Fraud or Dishonesty committed by the Employee as described in the Schedule.
the Company shall not be liable in respect of any act of fraud or dishonesty unless
- it is committed
- during the Period of Insurance and
- during the uninterrupted service of the Employee with the Insured in the employment specified against the Employee's name or description
- it is discovered and notified to the Company within twelve (12) months of being committed or six (6) months after the termination of the Policy whichever is the earlier;
the liability of the Company shall not exceed
- in respect of any Employee the amount stated against his name or description
- in respect of all claims under this Policy the Total Amount Guaranteed;
in the event of an occurrence giving rise to a claim under this Policy and also to a claim under any other Policy of the Company, the liability of the Company shall not exceed the Amount Guaranteed under this Policy or under such other Policy whichever is the greater amount.
Types of Cover
- Named and/or Position Basis - names and/or position of individual employees to be given especially when not all staff is to be covered.
- Blanket Policy - covering all employees in the company, but on unnamed basis.
- Collective Policy - specified amounts guaranteed for each named and position of individual employee covered.
- Floating Policy - named with policy maximum liability regardess of number of defaults or employees involved.
Information Required for Underwriting Consideration
Name of Insured, Nature of Business, Occupation, Number of Employees, Limit of Indemnity, Claim History
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please visit www.sompo.com.sg/FAQ
or the GIA / LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg
The product information detailed in this section does not outline all aspects of cover nor does this serve as an insurance contract. Please refer to a copy of our policy wording, which is available on request, for details of the coverage conditions and limits; or contact our Sompo authorized agent or your insurance broker for more details.