Windscreen Claims (Comprehensive cover only)
How to claim?
- For minor damage to windscreen please call our authorized service provider @ 6278 0887, they will provide a quick assessment of the windscreen at a convenient location. They can carry out the repairs immediately if the damage is minor.
- For windscreen replacement, please bring your vehicle to our ExcelDrive workshop, they will take photographs of the damage and submit to us with a quotation. We will authorize repair within 1 working day if all the details are in order.
- Only one windscreen claim is allowed per policy year.
What documents do I need to submit?
- Fully completed windscreen claim form
Third Party Claims
Consider claiming Own Damage against your own policy if you have a comprehensive cover and the accident is clearly caused by you or your insured driver or if you require the repairs to your vehicle be carried out as soon as possible.
- Towing charges is not claimable under third party, fire and theft, and third party policies.
- If you require towing assistance, you can contact any ExcelDrive workshop directly or our Contact Centre at 6461 6555. After office hours, our Contact Centre Hotline will be redirected to our emergency towing service provider.
- Towing charges should be settled by you directly with the towing provider.
How to claim against a third party
- Contact the third party’s insurer to conduct survey of your damaged vehicle.
- Write to the third party’s insurer with the amount that you are claiming. You should prepare the following documents:
a) Your Singapore Accident Statement / police report
b) Survey report with colour photographs of the damage
c) Final repair bill
d) Rental bill or taxi receipts, if any
e) Any receipts to evidence payment
- Let Sompo know that you are claiming against the third party and who is your workshop or representative helping you in the claim.
- Our ExcelDrive workshops can assist you in making a third party claim if the repair is handled by them and the accident is clearly not caused by you or your insured driver.
What to do when a third party claims against you
Let Sompo know as soon as possible of any event which is likely to give rise to a claim against you so that we can investigate the matter early.
- Do not admit liability or sign any document agreeing to pay for damages as this may make you personally liable for the damages
- Do not reply to any documents received from third parties and forward the documents to Sompo immediately for our follow up
If I am making a third party claim, do I have to pay for the repair cost first?
Yes, you will have to pay the repair cost when you collect the vehicle. However, private arrangements can be discussed between the car owner and the workshop. Our ExcelDrive workshops can assist you in making third party claims if they repair your vehicle and the accident is clearly not caused by you or your insured driver.
What should I do if I am involved in a motor accident in Malaysia?
You have to lodge a police report in Malaysia and have the vehicle towed back to Singapore for repair. It may take a longer time to arrange for a tow service from Malaysia depending on the location of the accident. The nearest Malaysian towing service provider in the area will tow the vehicle to the Causeway and handover the vehicle to the Singapore towing service.
What should I do when I receive a traffic summons or Writ of Summons?
You must notify Sompo via our Contact Centre at 6461 6555 immediately upon receiving such documents. Any delay on your part may make it more difficult to handle the claim so pass any documents received to Sompo immediately. As the facts of an accident will be different from case to case we will need to evaluate each case on its own merits and handle the claims accordingly.